bki&elarsen

Little blurbs about us, The Larsen's, Brett, Kristie, Isaac, Eli and Lily.

Friday, February 08, 2008








Yes, She's here!
We welcomed Lily Marie on Tuesday February 5, 2008 at 7:51 in the morning. As far as labors go, I couldn't have asked for a better scenerio. I was supposed to be induced Wednesday morning, but Lily changed the plans! My water broke at 2:45 in the morning Tuesday. Since I was awake, but not yet having contractions, I decided to do a little sprucing up (ie: cleaned the bathroom, folded laundry, mopped the floor, normal things for nesting in the early am!) After cleaning, finishing my packing for the hospital and taking a shower, I decided to lay down (still no real contractions to speak of at 4:15 ish) Almost immediately I had a contraction, then another 8 minutes later. I got up, and went downstairs knowing now I was officially in labor. The contractions progressed quickly to 3 min, then 2. Brett called the doctor and he said "why are you calling me, get her to the hospital.") Our neighbor came to sit with the boys, who were now both awake at 5 am! Bless her for being willing to take on the challenge and bless my sister-in-law Jordan more, for taking them all day after that! When we got to the hospital I was in a lot of pain and already 6 cm. After what seemed like an eternity (maybe 25 min) I got an epideral. I delivered her at 7:51!
It was a little dramatic as she had her cord wrapped twice around her neck, but she still got good scores on her apgars. None of the professionals in the room were worried, but the rest of us were especially her daddy who had lots and lots of questions about the whole thing. We're happy to report after all the drama she's doing great!
Thanks for all the prayers for a safe healthy delivery. God has blessed us with a little, 6.8 lb miracle.
Isaac can't keep his hands off of her (in loving ways) Eli can't keep his hands off of her in not so loving ways, although I don't think he realizes patting her head hard is not good.
It has been really exciting to have her here after so much anticipation! Our world is now colored in many new shades, especially pink!







2 Comments:

At 6:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you all! I'm glad things went well and that everybody is healthy.

She's beautiful!

 
At 1:29 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations! She is soooo cute, and I love the matching shirts! Can't wait to meet the new cousin! I'm counting on you to give me some good 2 toddler + 1 baby tips! -Shelley

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home